Monday, January 18, 2010

Oh, the humanity

It has been an insane few months. Given my line of work, in retrospect, I should have been prepared, but there is not much I can do to reverse the fickle sands of time. The past few days have been foggy and not just your typical early morning dew. It is dragon's breath, slice it with a knife fog. Perfect writing weather. Finishing the fourth book has been a mission of mine for some time, but my day job keeps getting in the way. No longer. A few chapters shy of finishing, I need to shut myself in a room over the next few weeks any spare moment I find. Oddly enough, this is my preference. I spend my days smiling and nodding politely, listening empathically, all the while my mind turns to violence, characters drenched in blood. It is amazing how the mind can race off in two completely separate directions rooted in reality yet hovering somewhere in the netherworld of ghouls and ghosts. I live with angels but I dream of demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment