Monday, August 23, 2010

Time off for (mostly) good behavior

I need a vacation. Time off from work. I keep recommending this to others and am realizing it's precisely what I need myself. Usually I spend my vacations quietly writing, cooking and taking long walks so I can think. I cram my creativity into any spare moment I can find, molding it to fit the life I've chosen. Every once in a while it rebels. It wants more freedom than I allow it. When it becomes truly intrusive, that's how I know it's time to let it off the leash. The other day I had a conversation with a coworker and was distracted by a vivid story sequence which randomly chose that moment to play itself out in my head. I think she was still talking to me, but I have no memory of the last part of the discussion. I have perfect memory of what I know I need to get down on paper sooner rather than later, however. I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment